EFFECTIVE DATE: 14TH JULY 2022
Rebate.AI (hereinafter referred to as the “Rebate”, “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and Privacy of Information entrusted to it. As part of this, Rebate shall implement appropriate protection on usage of Personal Information (also referred to as “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII”) that has been collected online from customer(s) / visitor(s) of the website (including their representatives) (hereinafter referred to as the “User”, “you”, or “your”).
1. Collection and use of Personal Information
1.1. What Information we collect
For example, if you register to a Rebate website and provide information about your preferences, we will use this information to personalize your user experience. Where you sign up or login using a Third-party single user sign-in, we may also identify you as the same user across any different computing devices you use and personalize your user experience across other Rebate websites or applications you visit. If you send us a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) to apply online for a position with Rebate, we will use the information that you provide to match you with available Rebate job opportunities.
In some cases where you have registered for certain services, we might reach out to you as part of registration / de-registration activities and/or for any other relevant alerts / notifications.
1.2. The legal grounds on which Company has to use your Personal Information
Rebate usually collects only the Personal Information which is essential to fulfill your request. Where supplementary information is required, you will be notified of this at the point of collection.
We can process Personal Information, so long as we have legitimate ground(s) under the data protection laws to do so. It also mandates us to tell you what those legal grounds are. As a result, when we process your Personal Information, we will depend over one  of the following processing condition(s):
- Performance of a Contract: When the processing of your Personal Information is necessary in order to perform our obligations under a contract
- Legal Obligation: When we are required to process your Personal Information in order to comply with a legal obligation, such as keeping records for tax purposes or providing information to a law enforcement agency, or a public body
- Legitimate Interests: We will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it doesn’t overshadow your interests
- To thwart fraudulent or criminal activity and to protect our Information Technology (IT) landscape
- To offer information and/or services or offer information about employment opportunities to individuals who visit our website
- To execute, and to analyze, our marketing activities
- To tailor individuals’ online experience and improve the performance serviceability and efficiency of Rebate’s online existence
- To meet our Corporate and Social Responsibility (CSR) commitments.
- We will process information about you where it is in our legitimate interest in running a lawful business to do so in order to further that business, so long as it doesn’t overshadow your interests
- Your Consent: In some instances, we will ask you for explicit permission in order to process some of your Personal Information, and we will only process your Personal Information in this manner if, you agree to us doing so. You may withdraw and/or modify your consent at any time by contacting Rebate at email@example.com
1.3. Automatic Collection of Personal Information
1.3.1. IP Addresses
An IP address is a number allocated to your computer / mobile device whenever you access the internet. It allows computer(s) / mobile device(s) and server(s) to recognize and communicate with one another. IP addresses from which website visitors appear to originate will be logged for IT Security and system diagnostic purposes. This information will also be used in aggregate manner to conduct website performance, and trend analysis.
Please refer our COOKIES POLICY
1.3.3. Web Beacons
Web beacons are small image files on a web page which can be used to collect certain information from your computing device, like IP address, the time the content was viewed, web browser type, and the presence of cookies earlier set by the same server. Rebate only uses web beacons as per applicable laws.
You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by disabling their associated cookies. The web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your system’s IP address, but cookie information will not be logged.
In some of our bulletins and other communications, we may monitor recipient actions such as email opening rate via embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge user interest and to enhance future user experiences.
1.3.4. Location-based Tools
Rebate may collect and use the geographical location of your computing device. This location data is collected for providing you with information regarding services which we believe may be of interest to you based on your geographic location, and to improve our location-based products, and services.
1.3.5. Social Media Widgets and Applications
Rebate websites may contain functionality to enable sharing through third-party social media applications, such as Twitter widget, LinkedIn widget, and Facebook button. These social media applications may collect and use information about your use of Rebate websites. Any Personal Information that you provide via such social media application(s) may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the Privacy Policies of the companies that offer the respective application. We do not have control over, or accountability for, those companies or their usage of your information.
In addition, Rebate websites may host forums, blogs, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to enable the sharing of knowledge and content. Any Personal Information that you provide on any Rebate social media feature may be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise specified at the point of collection), over whom we may have limited or no control.
Rebate understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our websites are not purposefully designed for or directed at children below the age of 13. It is our policy never to purposefully and knowingly collect or maintain information about anyone below the age of 13, except as part of an engagement to provide professional services if and when applicable.
2. Sharing and Transfer of Personal Information to Third-parties
We do not share Personal Information with Third-parties, except as required for our legitimate professional and business needs, to carry out your requests, and/or as obligated or permitted by law or professional standards.
In general, you are not required to submit any Personal Information to Rebate, but we will require you to provide certain Personal Information for you to receive additional information about our services and events. Rebate will also ask for your permission for certain uses of your Personal Information, and you can agree to or decline those uses.
4. Your Rights
If Rebate processes Personal Information about you, you have the following rights:
- Right to be Informed: You have right to know what all information we have collected about you, why the information is collected, how long it will be kept, how you can file a complaint, and with whom Rebate will share the data
- Right of Access and Rectification: You have the right to access your Personal Information. This is called as ‘Data Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide Personal Information to you, we will make it available to you free of charge. Prior to providing Personal Information to you, we may ask for proof of identity and adequate information about your interactions with us that we can trace your Personal Information. If the information we hold about you is incorrect, you are allowed to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in your Personal Information
- Right to be Forgotten / Erasure: You have right to be forgotten which is also known as the right to erasure. This right allows you to ask for your Personal Information to be deleted from our systems
- Right to Object and Restrict Processing: You have the right to object to or restrict us from processing your Personal Information
- Right to Data Portability: It allows you to transfer your Personal Information to another Organization, that you have previously provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. However, it can only be applied to the Personal Information that you have provided to us by consent or contract and if the processing is carried out by automated means
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting Rebate at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is in line with applicable law and professional standards.
5. Data Security and Integrity
Rebate has implemented reasonable security policies and procedures in place to protect Personal Information from unauthorized loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Despite Rebate’s best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your Personal Information is restricted to those who have a need-to-know. Those personnel who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality.
We retain Personal Information for as long as it is needed to provide our services, stay in contact with you and to comply with applicable Laws, Regulations, and Professional obligations that we are subject to and for other legitimate business reasons.
6. Links to other sites
7. Changes to this Policy
8. Policy Questions and Enforcement
- Contact Person: Manoj Kuruvanthody
- Contact Address: Data Privacy Office, 2nd Floor, Sattva Knowledge Court, 20 21, 7th Cross Rd, Green Domain Layout, EPIP Zone, Whitefield, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560048
- Phone: +91 80 6140 9000
- Email: email@example.com
We will acknowledge your email within  days and seek to resolve your concern within one  month of receipt. Where the concern is complex or we have a large volume of concerns, we will notify you that the concern will take longer than one  month to resolve, and we will seek to resolve your concern within three  months of the concern being first raised. We may accept your concern (and in that case implement one of the measures set out in the ‘Your Rights’ section above), or we may reject your concern on legitimate basis.